How we use your Data
ChuffingMad (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- To provide goods and services to you;
- To make a tailored website available to you;
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- To verify your identity;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- For market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
- To enable ChuffingMad to manage customer service interactions with you;
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
ChuffingMad uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest ChuffingMad offers.
ChuffingMad aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- Changing marketing preferences via your ChuffingMad account;
- Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for texts;
- Contacting ChuffingMad via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Web Banner Advertising
If you visit our websites, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
ChuffingMad only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to ChuffingMad and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, ChuffingMad will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- Our carefully selected partners who provide ChuffingMad branded products and services;
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders;
- For the protection of our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for ChuffingMad to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers. Those clauses can be accessed here.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.